Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Random Assortment of Things

Here are some random updates: first, I recently received a new bowl for my Kitchen Aid mixer from my sister as a suuuper early Christmas present! I was beyond excited to open that baby up. Having two bowls for my mixer will allow me to do things like mix ingredients and then whip egg whites into a meringue to add to the previous ingredients without killing my hand. I also wanted a glass bowl so that I could just throw it in the dishwasher. Yes, I know you can put the stainless steel one in the dishwasher, but I prefer to not do that. Here is my most exciting new kitchen accessory:

In the mixer, and yes that stack of papers are my "To try" recipe pile:

Two bowls!:


Next is a super fun announcement from Etsy that I thought all my Houston readers would be especially interested in, a NASA crafting contest! The NASA & Etsy Space Craft Contest: To the Moon and Beyond is a contest where you create something that honors the Space Shuttle Program. You can read more details here: ETSY and read the official rules etc here: NASA. The deadline is November 2, 2010 so get crafting!

Finally, I've been working on another puff quilt via the HoneyBear Lane Tutorial and here is a sneak preview of the front of the quilt:


Only 13 days until Kait Baker's wedding! Yippee!

-Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment