Friday, October 8, 2010

Minis!

I decided to test out making mini cupcakes in preparation for the ones I will be making for an upcoming kid's birthday party. I also have been wanting to try making peanut butter icing from the two new varieties of Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter that I just purchased: White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chocolate Dreams. FYI: I picked these two up at Arlan's Market and they were cheaper there than online, check your local grocery first! I also wanted to get a handle on dipping minis in chocolate shell so I went for it with these minis. Here are the two different minis as a finished product:




They are pretty darn delicious. I love me some pb and chocolate and these don't disappoint. They are pretty sweet with the flavored pb icing but since they are mini it's not too overwhelming. The recipe for the cake is Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake and the icing is just peanut butter, splash of vanilla, splash of milk, and powdered sugar until the proper consistency is reached. You can see instructions on how to do the chocolate shell in this previous post:

No comments:

Post a Comment