Friday, October 26, 2012

Surprise Visitor

Surprise visitors are so fun! Jenn was in Houston for just one night and luckily it was one of the only nights I don't play soccer, perfect! I picked her up and we ate at El Gran Malo in the Heights. I found them on Eater Houston, and it was delicious! Great tacos at a great price. I had the snapper (seared/ pomegranate salsa/ shaved cabbage/ Serrano/ micro-cilantro), pork belly (Mexican coca-cola& lime braised/ roasted/ peanuts/pickled red onion/ local bibb lettuce), and chicken tinga (pumpkin seeds/ shaved cabbage/ lemon/ cilantro) tacos. All were really amazing and arrived at our table maybe 5 minutes after we ordered them. Great service. I also ordered a 'Boobie-rita' that was made with tequila that had been aged in red wine barrels so it turned a light pink color. Really delicious and a fun way to support October breast cancer awareness month! It was really nice to see Jenn because she was in Florida the two times I've been at the Furgione house in NJ recently. Thanks for the holler, girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment