Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Don’t worry everyone! I have not forgotten that it is fall, aka pumpkin season! I’ve just had a few fails to start off the season (pumpkin pancakes did not go well, I think I need a new griddle), but I’m bringing you my first winning recipe with pumpkin as the feature ingredient: Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Mine look completely different from the recipe form which I was working. Mine are much darker and moist- looking. It’s entirely possible that I undercooked them, as I’m wont to do. They were still delicious!





Recipe:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Bakers Royale)

1 1/2c old fashioned oats
¾ c flour
1/2c butter, browned
½ c sugar
½ c brown sugar
¾ c pumpkin puree
¾ t cinnamon
¼ t nutmeg
1 egg
½ t baking soda

Add-ins I used:
2 c chocolate chips

Other options:
Almonds, dried cranberries, toffee bits, etc

Preheat to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix together oats and flour. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg. Add cooled browned butter and mix to combine. Add in baking soda and mix to combine. Fold in the flour and oat mixture until just combined. Stir in add-ins. Drop a cookie scoop onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

Enjoy the pumpkin-ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment