Friday, October 26, 2012

Apple Crumble Cheesecake Bars

My work recently held a chili cook-off and a dessert bake-off. Since I knew my healthy turkey meat with beans chili would not go over well here in Texas, I entered the dessert contest. I decided to try a new recipe so that even if I didn't win, I'd at least have tried something new. I ended up really loving the combination of cheesecake and apple, and so did everyone else because I won 1st place in the dessert bake-off! Check out my goodies and winnings:



Recipe:
Apple Crumble Cheesecake Bars (from Zoom Yummy)

Crust
1c flour
1/2c brown sugar
1c butter, softened

Cream cheese filling
2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
1/2c sugar
1t vanilla
2 eggs

Apple topping
2 apples (I used granny smith)
1/2t cinnamon
2T sugar

Crumble
1/2c oatmeal
1/2c brown sugar
1/2c butter, softened
1c flour

Preheat to 350F. In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until the batter is kinda crumbly. Press the dough into a 13x9" pan. Bake for 15 min or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Pour the cream cheese over the crust.

Peel the apples and chop. Mix the apples in a bowl with the cinnamon and sugar. Place the coated apple chunks on top of the cream cheese layer.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, and brown sugar for the crumble. Cut the butter in with a fork to create a crumbly mixture. Distribute evenly over apple sand cream cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300F and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely. The original recipe calls for a caramel drizzle, but I forgot to make the caramel and they were still really delicious. Be sure to refrigerate after cooling at room temperature.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment