Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Treats for Baloo and Bernoulli

I've been baking for my human friends for quite some time now, but what about Baloo and Bernoulli?! Don't they deserve some yummy treats for their unconditional loving? I say yes. Since I was headed to Seattle this past weekend I figured that would be the perfect time to make some treats so that both Baloo and Bernoulli could enjoy them. Plus, Christine had sent Baloo some tasty bites for his birthday and I thought I'd return the favor.



Recipe:
Yogurt-Dipped Molasses Treats (based on recipe from Three Dog Bakery)
3C flour
1t baking powder
1/2t cinnamon
1/2c nonfat yogurt
1/2c molasses
2 lg egg whites
1 1/2t vanilla
1/2 lb yogurt chips, melted

Preheat to 350F. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, molasses, egg whites, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Make tablespoon rounds and place on a baking sheet, about an inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely. Dip in melted yogurt chips and allow to cool and harden on parchment paper. Sit, shake, serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment