Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shrimp and Scallop Scampi

This is a delicious recipe form the kitchen of my Mom. Always a seafood fan, this has been a longtime favorite of mine. For some reason I have never attempted it on my own, assuming that since it was so yummy it had to be tricky to accomplish. False! This is a really easy and amazingly delicious recipe. I'm brainstorming on how to make it more colorful, maybe some red peppers? I'll let you know what I come up with.



Recipe:
Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
1 lb bay scallops
1/4c diced shallots
4 cloves garlic, diced
2T butter melted
1/4c white wine
2T lemon juice
3/4t salt
1/4t freshly ground pepper
brown rice, cooked

Saute shallots and garlic in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low and add shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are mostly cooked. Add scallops, white wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook until both shrimp and scallops are thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Pour over brown rice.

I like to make the goodies and then simply heat up a single serving of Minute brown rice for some single servings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment