Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cupcakery Review: The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company in Seattle

I recently took a trip to Seattle to see Christine :) It was an amazing trip (more to come in a later post) and one of the first things on the list was find a cupcakery! We were already at Pike's Market so I just google mapped 'cupcake' and I found The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Company. Turns out it was one of the places on my list, perfect! We arrived a little after 5 and all the cupcakes were 40% off during their last hour 'Happy Hour'- awesome! We opted for a dozen since we would be sharing with 3 others and they were on sale! We were even able to chat with one of the owners about their shop. Almost all the cupcakes are topped with Italian buttercream (believe me it's yummy and a bit of a pain to make so kudos to them), and they are working towards being able to ship their goodies so stay tuned! Since there was so many exciting flavors (hello pancakes and bacon, Washington lavender!) I didn't get my fave red velvet and the owner, Mike, ended up offering to let me try it for free! It was delicious, even for an end of the day cupcake. Definite buttercream tang, not a whole lot of cocoa but I'll let it slide. Here are some pics:





Be sure to add this cupcakery to your Seattle to-do list, I give it an A (lavender was kinda potpourri-ish but maybe that's a personal preference).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment