Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicken and Fingerling Potatoes with Black Truffle Salt

I've been intrigued by truffles for awhile now. A delicious fungus that grows beneath the earth commonly sniffed out by pigs, what's not to love? These delicacies are most often grown in Europe and have not really made the jump to the US yet. There are, however, some people working on cultivating truffles in the Pacific Northwest, specifically Oregon. I've yet to get my hands on one of these lil nuggets, but imagine my excitement when I receive a sampler of Woody's Gourmet Black Truffle and Fresh Thyme Herb Sea Salt in my May Foodzie Tasting Box!!! My first instict was to hoard this amazing treat until the perfect recipe came along. I did this for about 3 weeks before I couldn't wait any longer. I referred to the included chicken and potatoes recipe and made some modifications to make it easier for me. I chocse chicken tenderloins instead of a roasting chicken and fingerling potatoes instead of 'German butterball potatoes'. I first cleaned and then microwaved the potatoes to decrease the cookign time in the oven (it's hot here in TX!). Then I rubbed the potatoes with the other sampler, Woody's Fresh Rosemary and Sage Herb Sea Salt. I spread the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet nad placed them in a 350F oven. I rubbed oil on the chicken and then the Woody's Black Truffle and Fresh Thyme Herb Sea Salt and some pepper. I cooked the chicken in a skillet with about a Tablespoon of fresh marjoram until it was opaque on the outside. I then transferred the chicken to the baking sheet with the potatoes and covered the sheet with aluminum foil. I continuted baking for about 10 minutes (until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender). I served them with some green beans and had the most amazing meal. I then promptly purchased a full size of both sea salts and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.




I highly advise making an investment in any truffle (particularly black truffle) related yummies you cna get your hands on, inclugind this salt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment