Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sweet and Salty Cupcakes

I recently checked out Baked by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito from the library. I wasn't as intrigued by this cookbook as I was by their following book, which I bought, however one of the recipes I did try was the Sweet and Salty Cake. I decided I was going to make this confection into cupcakes. I won't say that it was a total flop, but the recipe didn't translate particularly well into cupcakes. If I remade these cupcakes, I'd probably start with my dark chocolate cupcakes, make a thicker caramel sauce-sans salt, sprinkle a layer of kosher salt between the caramel and ganache, and make semisweet ganache instead of bittersweet ganache (without adding any caramel to the ganache either). I'll probably re-try these babies in the future, but for now this is what I've got:


Recipe from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment