Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cupcakery Review: Kate's Frosting in San Antonio, TX

On our recent trip to San Antonio, I made sure that one of my mom and I's priorities was to test out a couple of cupcakeries. The first one we came across was Kate's Frosting on Main. The store is set up as a tiny boutique flowing up to the cupcake counter. There were cake plates, jewelry, and scarves for sale as well as cupcakes. After getting momentarily distracted by a glorious Rosanna petal cake plate, I made my way up to the cupcake counter. My favorite thing to see at a cupcakery (especially if it's my first time there) are mini cupcakes. With minis I can taste a number of flavors at once without getting sick or, well, fat haha. I chose red velvet and carrot cake. My mom ordered red velvet, white chocolate raspberry, and chocolate with vanilla icing. The trouble with minis is that they tend to get drier easier, but Kate's Frosting did a great job with their minis. They were tasty and moist. My only complaint would be the lack of flavors, even in their standard cupcake size they were lacking in variety. Definite B on my cupcakery scale. Here are some pics:



Note: these were my favorite taste-wise, but if you're looking for more interesting flavors, I would go elsewhere. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment