Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Perfect Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe

I recently tried the best red velvet cupcake ever at Somethin Sweet in Deer Park, which made me realize my own recipe could use some work. I tried about 6 different recipes before just deciding to mess with the ingredients on my own, scary! I came up with this:


Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes
1 3/4c flour
5/8t baking soda
3/4t salt
2t cocoa
3/4c vegetable oil
1c sugar
1/2c+2T buttermilk
1 egg + 1 egg white
1T red food coloring
3/4t vinegar
1t vanilla
1T water

Preheat to 325F. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl, beat together oil, sugar, and buttermilk. Add eggs, food coloring, vinegar, vanilla, and water. Mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment