Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 12 of the 12 Days of Christmas: Molten Fudge Pudding Cakes

Merry Christmas everyone! It's the last day of the 12 days of Cupcakes. It's been fun but I'm sure my insulin/glucose levels are happy to see this little project coming to a close. Today's cupcake isn't exactly a cupcake but more of an individual mini cake. Each ramekin contains a single serving that is cupcake sized so I figured I could fudge the rules a little bit. Earlier in the year I was doing a fundraiser called the Great American Bake Sale through Share Our Strength to raise money to feed children in the USA that were starving. I offered my baking services for a $20 donation. My grandparents donated and asked me to make them something the next time I came home which wasn't until now for Christmas. The only requirement was lots of chocolate and I think this dessert delivers! It's quite simple but beyond delicious! Here are my pictures:





Recipe
Molten Fudge Pudding Cakes (adapted from Sugarcrafter)

Cake:
1c flour
2/3c sugar
1/4c cocoa
2t baking powder
1/4t salt
1/2c milk
1/3c butter, melted
1/2t vanilla

Topping:
2/3c sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1/4c cocoa
1 1/4c boiling water

Cake:
Preheat to 350F. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, mix together the milk, butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Divide the batter up between 6 ramekins.

Topping:
Whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa. Sprinkle on top of the batter in the ramekins, dividing relatively evenly amongst the 6 ramekins. Pour the hot water on top of the sugars evenly amongst the ramekins, do not mix! Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with a scoop of ice cream.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment