Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Pockets

As a dessert for my little thanksgiving dinner, I made some pumpkin pie pockets form a recipe I found off of a favorite blog of mine, Three Baking Sheets to the Wind. She had been doing a Harry Potter week in honor of HP7:PT1 coming out (it was awesome-you should go!) and had labeled these Pumpkin Pasties like from the movies. I guess I should have known the outcome since I don't really like pie crust (hence the lack of pies on my blog), but I was sad to find that I didn't like these very much. I think they could definitely be made better by the following: making your own crust, rolling crust thinner, and add ins a cinnamon sugar dusting to the tops. Experiment with this recipe on your own and let me know what you come up with!


And this is Baloo licking the baking sheet I used to bake the pie filling:


Recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Pockets (from Three Baking Sheets to the Wind):
Pumpkin pie filling, prepared
Pie crust pastry for a 9in pie

Bake the filling and cool. Beat filling in a large bowl to make it smooth and homogeneous. Roll out the pie crust and cut about 4" circles out of it. Add a dollop of pie filling to each mini crust. Fold crust over and seal with fork. Cut air vents in the top of the pastry with a knife. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400F for 10 minutes.

*Also, the new cupcake stand that is in the photo is from Jeanette Zeis Ceramics on Etsy and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment