Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sedona, AZ: Part One

Boy do I love vacation! I just got back from a week in Sedona, AZ with the family. It was a great time, great weather, great food, and great adventures. Sedona is located in what they call Red Rock Country. The entire area was carved out of red rock, most likely from some long dried up waterway thousands of years ago. Coming from Houston where the only elevation you experience is an on-ramp to the highway, this area was spectacular. If all I did was sit by the pool and look at the scenery, I would have called it a successful vacation. However, we did get some fun activities in between the pool time and shopping. We did some exploring at first, visited the Chapel of the Holy Cross. It's an old catholic Church wedged int he Red Rock on a hill overlooking Sedona. Here are my pics from inside and outside the church:




You can see pics of the church here: Chapel of the Holy Cross.

Here are a few more pictures of my first impressions of Sedona, AZ. Also, I've decided to split this trip up into several posts as to avoid one gargantuan post, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment