Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies

As you all know I’m doing the Great American Bake Off to benefit charities to end child hunger. If you donate $20 to my BAKE SALE then I’ll make you whatever baked good you desire. My friend Rob donated this week and since I think there is very little danger of him reading this post before receiving his mystery cookies, I’m gonna tell you what I made him. He requested cookies and was partial to chocolate so I found this recipe for Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies on Baked Perfection (so far her recipes are 2 for 2 regarding deliciousness). I changed the recipe a little and used Chocolate Creme Oreos instead of Double Stuffed for extra chocolaty-ness. I also may have poured in a few more chocolate chips than necessary hehe. Not only was the cookie dough delicious but the cookies turned out awesome as well! I hope Rob gets these before they get too melty! Here are some pics:



The recipe is as follows (from Baked Perfection once again)

Oreo Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package vanilla instant Jell-O Pudding (not prepared)
1 dash of cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2+ cups chocolate chips
30-40 chocolate creme Oreos, crushed into medium chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, package of vanilla pudding mix, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and Oreo chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Recipe makes between 4 and 5 dozen cookies.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment