So now that it's getting really cold in all places not Houston I've started amping up my knitting. I've started a blanket for one set of friends and a beanie for another friend and I just finished this really fun hood/scarf project. Lately when I see something knit that is an interesting design or form I print out the picture and try to ad-lib a pattern for it. I saw a really chunky scarf with a hood connected and Christine was really excited about the picture so I decided to try it. I made the scarf part a little smaller and used a different stitch, but I think it turned out really neat and more practical than 8 pounds of scarf. Here are some pics of the project laying flat, I'll have to get Christine to model it for me later.