Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dalmatians for Anders

Last year for Anders' birthday I attempted to make a chocolate cake with a cream cheese ribbon through it. That resulted in two cake pans with chocolate cake on the top and cream cheese goo severly stuck to the pan. So for Valentine's day I made another attempt at 'Dalmation cupcakes'. The recipe worked out really well. I make my own dark chocolate cake batter and fill the liners about halfway or 2/3rds full. Then I make the cream cheese mixture with semi-sweet chocolate chips and add one cookie scoop of that to each liner. The cipcakes end up looing like chocolate cupcakes from the outside but they have a yummy cream cheese surprise :) I topped Anders' birthday cupcakes off this year with cream cheese icing at his request. This is what thy look like on the inside:



No comments:

Post a Comment