Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baking Extravaganza

This past weekend I went to the Clear Lake Shores Farmer's Market (first and third Saturday of every month 8am-12pm on 2094) and purchased my usual veggies etc. This week the farm that I usually buy my produce from had switched from selling individual items to selling small lots. So, instead of my usual 1 zucchini, I had to buy 6! Now, one of their zucchinis usually makes 2 loaves of zucchini bread, which is plenty for me. This week I have to make 12 loaves of zucchini bread to keep the zucchinis from going to waste. So far I have unloaded 4 loaves to Club Haven, Steph and fam, Kristine and Loi, and my office. Here is a pic of one of the loaves:



Yummy! Also at the farmer's Market this past weekend were the hugest most delicious blueberries I have ever seen! I bought 2 lots and made a huge blueberry buckle. It turned out ok, but I think next time I'll lighten up the glaze as to not brown the top too much. Here's a slice of that:



It's been a baking extravaganza this week and I still have quite a few zucchini loaves to go. Let me know if you want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment