Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby shoes reinvented

So I've been able to make the baby shoes easier to produce! I made this guy in about an hour:

I love this fabric too! I picked it up from JoAnn's on Friday and it's really versatile. Depending on where I cut the pattern it can be a girl shoe or a boy shoe. The only downside to this new method is a small amount of hand sewing to close up a seam where I turn out the pattern. I also used vinyl for the sloe of this shoe since it's for an 18 month old, and that made for a very thick seam that my little sewing machine couldn't handle very well. Going to have to upgrade the machinery!

No comments:

Post a Comment