Wednesday, February 24, 2010

EtsyTX Baby Gift Swap

I joined the Etsy TX Street Team and immediately wanted to interact with other members. I decided to do the Baby Gift Swap going on in February. How it works is a bunch of people sign up a baby (Yes I'm borrowing Evan for this activity, No I do not have a secret child) and then they each get assigned a swap partner. Then you make a gift for your partner and htey make somehting for you. I was assigned Jemimah who has a 9 month old girl for my project. I read her Gift Swap profile and found out that she likes 1950's fashion and green and white were her favorite colors. I decided to knit a hat from this information. I used these two pictures of 1950's hat styles as my inspiration:



I used the shape of the green swimming cap style hat in the collage photo and the bow on the turban-style hat to create the following look:




Hope it works out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment