Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

I recently borrowed a few cookbooks from the library and immediately knew I had to purchase one of them. Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito is the coolest baking cookbook I've come across in a long time. Their recipes are varied and interesting (hello malted waffles, cheddar pumpkin muffins, sawdust pie, and cowboy cookies!), and they provide a nice, short, interesting narrative with each recipe that makes me really want to try everything in the book. I have to admit, though, that my first choice wasn't quite as adventurous as it could have been- but turned out beyond amazing! My friend Kristine requested some cupcakes for a baby shower she was throwing at her house. This woman is so crazy busy I dunno how she had time for a party, but nonetheless was in need of cupcakes! I chose to make the Caramel Apple Cake from Baked Explorations into cupcakes for half of her cupcakes order (other half to follow soon) and here is how they turned out:



To make the cupcakes I cut the Caramel Apple Cake recipe in half, filled the liners 3/4 full, and baked for 20 minutes. Unforch you'll have to buy the book or borrow it from the library because I'm pretty sure posting it is against some sort of copyright laws.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment