Thursday, January 27, 2011

Better than Reeses: Peanut Butter- Filled Chocolate Macarons

It's National Chocolate Day! Nothing like a holiday recognizing the best dessert flavor ever. I recently made some chocolate macarons filled with peanut better butercream and they were delish! I thought I'd share them with you for this prestidgious occasion:




Sorry to not have been blogging much lately, I've been doing some recipe trials and they have not been going well (think lots of cupcakes in the trash and some hefty walks to the dumpster). Namely, I was super disappointed with a recipe for Sprinkles' peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes that Candice Nelson supposedly shared on a talk show. I made it according to her specifications (even went an bought natural peanut butter cause apparently it's better) and they were nothing like the beauties in the store. I guess she held something back to keep her trade secrets, well, a secret. I also have tried about 5 red velvet recipes in an attempt to achieve the consistency of a cupcake I've had recently and have not hit paydirt yet. I'll be sure to let you know when I achieve success!

Don't forget to snag yourself a chocolate today!

1 comment: