Monday, September 28, 2009

Bake sale fundraising!

For the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure the foundation asks that you raise $100 for breast cancer research. I did the usual Internet postings on facebook and twitter etc, but I wanted to find a way to generate more funds. I decided to bake treats and bring them to work and ask for donations in exchange for yummies. The first week was cheesecake brownies, zucchini bread, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The second week I made pumpkin muffins, butterscotch brownies, and cherry brownie bites. This is the last week before the race and I decided to make the much loved dark chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate icing and my new favorite vanilla cupcakes with vanilla Swiss meringue butter cream icing. Here's a pic for drooling purposes:



So far my co-workers have donated $125 from treats. We'll see how we do this week! If you want to donate online, visit my race page here: http://www.komen-houston.org/site/TR/Race/General?px=1661165&pg=personal&fr_id=1060

No comments:

Post a Comment